GRASP is a nine week correspondence program for grades K-8 that helps students maintain reading and math skills while they are on summer vacation. Each lesson is constructed to reinforce or reteach typical basic skills generally found in most curricula at a particular grade level.
- One lesson per subject is completed each week for nine weeks.
- Each lesson should take approximately one hour per week to complete.
- Completed lessons are mailed to a scoring center in the envelopes provided.
- The lessons are scored, results recorded and returned to the children.
- Children successfully completing 7 lessons (70% accuracy) are awarded a certificate.
- Those successfully completing all 9 lessons receive a medal soon after Labor Day.
- Instruction sheets found in each packet provide all the necessary information to complete each lesson.
- Children attending elementary grades at Bloomington Public Schools will have materials sent home with them the last week of school.
- Middle School and all others will be mailed the week of June 1.
The enrollment fee is $45.00 for one subject and $70.00 for both reading and math. We suggest parents order the grade level just completed. If your child is working at a different grade level, please order the most appropriate grade level.
Registrations must be received no later than April 15, 2016. Call Diane at 952-681-6125 for additional information.
GRASP Workbook Samples