Preschool Options For Low-Income Families and English Language Learners
The years before a child reaches kindergarten are among the most critical in his or her life to influence learning. Research also indicates that parent involvement is a key factor in student success. Our Family Literacy Academy programs develop early literacy skills and offer adult education for low-income families and parents who are just learning English.
4 Year Old Preschool
- A half-day preschool program
- 4 Year Old Preschool-Family Literacy Academy is an early literacy preschool program serving 4 year-old children living in Bloomington or Richfield.
- Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1.
- 4 Year Old Preschool-Family Literacy Academy serves children who are English language learners and/or are from low income families.
- The focus is to get children ready for kindergarten and beyond.
- Language and literacy skills are encouraged through the use of deliberate, intentional instruction.
- Children attend Preschool five one-half days a week in either the morning or afternoon in Bloomington.
- Parents participate in activities that help them learn how to support their children's education.
Family Literacy Academy
- A family learning program
- Free adult education classes, basic skills or English classes.
- Free education and childcare for children from birth to kindergarten.
- Transportation is available for a small fee.
- You can enroll in Family Literacy Academy if: you live in Bloomington or Richfield, have a child younger than 5 years, you meet income guidelines.
- Family Literacy Academy is a joint program of Bloomington-Richfield Early Learning Center, Bloomington Public Health, and South Hennepin Adult Programs in Education (SHAPE).
4 Year Old Preschool Contact
En Espanol: 952-681-6219